Sunday, June 3, 2007

My hip is bruised from helping pack away the zine fair tables. Nearly everyone just got up and left at 5pm, which I thought was very rude, given they were given this opportunity for free; it wouldn't hurt them to help out just a little. Some people didn't even bother taking all their zines with them and left them on the tables.

But overall it was fun, though amazingly hot given its winter. I sat in the sun all day, but I talked to people and sold a bunch of zines and some kanzashi flower brooches. I hadn't expected the brooches to be so popular, it turned out I should have made more. It's good to know, I'll have more ready for next time.

In class we got back our results for the panel. I got 90, and all the kids in my panel got a High Distinction. I'm proud of us, we worked hard for our marks. Though the whole class did well, Jill said, which is awesome.


Uni is done for the semester. It kind of crept up on me; for weeks I was too busy to even think about it so it feels quite sudden. I'm beginning to consider my plans for the six weeks I have off. I've decided I'm going to make a craft zine to sell at the next zine fair, and make more brooches. Paloma was talking about maybe holding a zine fair in Wollongong, which I think sounds pretty awesome. I need to get stuff ready incase it goes ahead.

No comments: